- Computer Tomography
- Panoramic X-rays
- Periapical X-rays
A computer tomography is a modern highly informative diagnostic method. Thanks to 3D technology, this method gained a widespread popularity not only among DentaService specialists, but also our patients.
A complex dental diagnostic won’t be full without making a computer tomography. A digital X-ray filming and X-ray hologram give plain two-dimensional static picture. Meanwhile, 3D examination possesses a range of advantages in comparison with classic methods:
- a received imageis clearer, more detailed and dimensional;
- an image can be turned giving an opportunity to learn the object in various projections and depth;
- an image can be recorded and learnt at any time, it is possible to create a storage of shots, and transfer them via the net;
- a procedure is completely painless, safe, which allows to use this method for children’s dental abnormality diagnostic.
The procedure takes minimum 5-10 sec of time. An emitter makes a round 360° turn that permits to make a lot of cuts of dentofacial system which are 0,2 mm in thickness in different dimensions.
What does It Give?
By means of making teeth computer tomography, it is possible to get objective, exact data during the examination of:
- dentofacial system joints;
- upper jaw sinuses;
- teeth state;
- height, width, density of upper and lower jaw bones;
- supposed trauma or mistakes happened during a surgical intervention, denture treatment, or implantation.
This method gives an opportunity to figure out an abnormality at the early stage and to start treatment in time.
A computer tomography costs higher than classical diagnostic methods and has so wide opportunities that the result is absolutely worth paying.
Dental panoramic X-rays, or orthopantomogram (OPTG), are a radiogram of upper and lower jaws, which allows to evaluate a state of bony tissue and teeth structure, root channels, immature teeth and jaws. Thanks to the opportunity to examine the whole jaw apparatus, this method is considered to be the most highly informative and objective.
What Does Panoramic X-ray shows?
A tooth periapical X-ray can give in some cases such information which provides the teeth “passport”, i.e.:
- all teeth state in the jaws;
- inflammatory process in bony tissue and mouth cavity;
- position and direction of immature posterior and wisdom teeth;
- Highmore’s sinus state;
- jaw joints characteristics.
A digital radiographypermits quickly and safely to do panoramic X-rays with minimal radiation dose and high quality. They are saved in a computer base or recorded on a digital data medium. The X-rays can be easily found, compared with a storage data or sent via the net to get consultation.
A panoramic X-ray is necessary for a complete diagnosticof solid tissues state of dentofacial apparatus and teeth before making:
- dental prosthetics;
- surgical intervention;
- occlusion correction manipulations;
- treatment procedures.
The high level of digital radiography safety allows using this method in the childish dentology to:
- evaluate correctly teeth growth and change;
- determine immature posterior teeth and abnormalities absence/presence of their position.
The method will permit to figure out in time the problems that can be invisible with the naked eye from the start.
Periapical X-rays are the modern diagnostic method used in dentology. These X-rays are used to confirm a preliminary diagnosis and for treatment result screening. A DentaService clinic is equipped with modern devices for radiography, which allow to get the qualitative images.
Periapical X-rays are made with the help of radiovisiograph; it is an X-ray device which transfers an image from a sensor to a computer. A digital radiography has a number of advantages in comparison with traditional diagnostic technologies, such as:
- less radiation dose by means of exposure time decrease, more sensitive sensor and less focus spot size;
- high contrast and large size of the image;
- opportunity to process an image with the help of computer to improve the image quality;
- opportunity to measure the tooth parameters, e.g. the root channels length;
- opportunity to create a patient’s image storage;
- opportunity to transfer pictures via net;
- opportunity to record and save the images on digital data medium.
A high image resolution, object specification extend diagnostic opportunities and increase its informational value. Thanks to low radiation dose, the method can be applied to children’s and pregnant women’s examination.
Indications for Use
A radiovisiograph can evaluate a tooth solid and soft tissues state, that’s why this examination is indicated in case of:
- caries diagnostics;
- suspected tooth root granuloma/cystis;
- teeth range defects;
- preparation for tooth resection or other surgical interventions;
- teeth treatment or prosthetics for step-by-step control.
It is possible to make an X-ray of 1-2 teeth at once by means of compact device sensor. A low radiation dose gives an opportunity to perform diagnostics as many times as necessary for treatment stages screening, that increases many times its effectiveness and decreases to minimum the risk of any mistakes and complications. A complex teeth diagnostics includes obligatory a periapical X-ray.
Periapical X-rays have a low price and justify completely this method indication.