A bone plate is necessary for the renovation of a jaw bone volume in the place of defect in case of dental implantation or aesthetic defects. After teeth removal, there are dystrophic and degenerative changes in a spongy bone tissue, where the roots are situated. 70% of the DentaService patients, addressed for dental implantations, areremarked by bony tissue insufficiency. The “shrinkage” happens in 2-3 months after teeth removal on the upper jaw and in 6-12 months on the lower one.
A dental implantation can be successful only if there is enough bony tissue thickness and density. The following types of bony material are used for its renovation:
- natural ones, such as autologous (the patient’s own material), allogenic (taken from other person), and xenogenic (taken from animal bone);
- synthetical granulate, such as alloplastic.
A transplant can have a type of plate, chips, granules, or block. Resorbable andnon-resorbable membranes stand separately in the list of materials for osteosynthesis.
In DentaService various methods are applied for bony tissue renovation:
- alveolar ridge splitting – this method is usedin case of bony tissue loss in horizontal direction. If to use this method, it is possible to make denture setting;
- bony tissue block transplantation – this method is applied if the jaw bone resorption was in horizontal and vertical planes, but the patient needs implantation;
- directed osteoregeneration – it happens in case of insignificant and middle stage of bone shrinkage;
- sinus-lifting – it is applied to renovate bones in the upper jaw area.
This surgery is made in DentaService using local anesthesia, still anxiolysis is more often used. Thus, it is easier for patients to overcome a surgical intervention.
While preparing the jaw for implantation, the price of this procedure can depend on the following factors:
- operation complexity;
- defect area size;
- transplant type.