- Dental Plates
- Dental Trainers
The braces are the orthodontic structures used for occlusion correction and tether alignment. Snagged teeth make not only unaesthetic appearance, psychological discomfort, but health danger as well.
Modern orthodontic methods help to correct abnormalities of dentofacial apparatus not only in children and teenagers, but also in adults with totally formed system.
The structure description
Thebraces consist of:
- braces sheets made of various materials;
- resilient dental arch made ofmetal alloywith form memory function;
- sutures, elastics, anchors, etc.
The system unit depends on individual features and set task.
Mechanism of action
The braces are fit to the internal (lingual) and external (labial) teeth sides, and they are fixed by special glue. Every bracket is marked and appropriate for the certain unit of the teeth range. The dental arch, made in accordance with patient’s jaw configuration and location, is set into joints.
Thanks to the resilience and memory of metal, gradually, the dental arch “pulls” teeth into set position, as well as realizes their rotation (turn), acting in several areas. The additional elements, such as sutures, elastics and others, help to keep the dental arch in brace joints and to accomplish other types of mechanical effects.
Indications for use
Thanks to braces, you get:
- teeth alignment with their growth abnormality;
- correction of units position in case of teeth loss, diastema or trema;
- teeth pulling in case of their eruption defects;
- correction of occlusion and other dental abnormalities.
The setting of non-removable orthodontic structures in DentaService is the guarantee of ideal smile, and prevention of dental abnormalities and GIT problems. In a quarter century of braces existence, the structures underwent many changes which made them light, imperceptible, effective, and aesthetic. The use of innovative technologies allowed to reduce essentially the period of treatment.
Multi-bonding systems differ in:
1. set position:
- labial – when braces are fixed to the frontal surface on dental crown;
- lingual – when they are fixed to the internal surface.
2. type of fixing:
- suturing – when the dental arch is fixed to braces with sutures;
- non-suturing (self-ligating) – when the arch does less friction and moves freely in the joints.
3. materialof braces:
- plastic – it is a low-budget variant, but the system has lower hardness and loses its appearance because of coloring after food and drinks;
- metal – they are the most solid ones, and have the shortest period of treatment, but at the same time they are the most visible; they can be made of gold, except metal alloy;
- ceramics (poly- or monocrystal)–they are not so solid as metal ones, though they are highly aesthetic and hypoallergic.
Monocrystal (sapphire) are the most expensive and beautiful, but they have longer treatment period because of high friction coefficient.
Depending on the type, the structure must be corrected once a month, if it is a labial one, and once in 2-3 months, if it is lingual.
When the specialist makes sure about the result, the structure is removed, and the retentive devices are used for new teeth position stabilization.
In DentaService we consider your desires and financial opportunities. Anyone, who addresses our clinic, can have the treatment and get ideal teeth. The price depends on the material, system type, and level of treatment; still the braces allow at any age to correct dentofacial system defects. In clinic we have the best technologies, the best materials, the highly qualified specialists; this is all the key of excellent aesthetic and long-lasting result.
The teeth alignment and occlusion correction with the help of dental plates is applied more often in the childish dentology. The dental plates are the removable structures consisted of the resilient and elastic base made of plastic and metal parts, such as arches, anchors, springs, and screws.
The base adjoins closely to soft tissues of gums and palate, and the metal parts hold the contraction and provide adjustment.
Indications for Use
The plates give the brightest effect if to use them in young years in the period of milk teeth change into permanent ones. Their use allows:
- to coordinate the speed of teeth and jaws development;
- to remove occlusion abnormalities;
- to expand or narrow a palate;
- to fix teeth in the right position;
- to stabilize the result of braces treatment.
The plates won’t help in open type occlusion correction or contrusion. Besides, the system can be used at the beginning of orthodontic treatment with non-removable structures.
Types of Plates
In DentaService various types of plates are used. They are divided by their purpose:
- classical – when metal anchors and arches serve for teeth units position correction;
- plates with screws – for palate space regulation;
- preventive – for dentofacial defects prevention in the presence of bad habits;
- mini-prosthesis with artificial teeth – for lost unit fulfillment;
It is possible to take off the plated while eating or teeth brushing.
Steps of Manufacture and Setting
The treatment with the help of orthodontic plates starts from diagnostic of teeth range and occlusion state. Then the doctor make jaws cast to plan the treatment process and manufacture plates. The end product is fit on to assure close adjacency of some parts and to exclude friction, discomfort, and to ease habituation. After that, the structure is getting fixed.
To wear the plates requires insistence, careful recommendation performance, and self-control. It is necessary to wear the plates from 3-4 hours till the whole day, depending on the abnormality complexity.
In DentaService everyone can be able to set the plates, whereas their price varies depending on the type and treatment complexity.
The trainers are the removable devices used for occlusion abnormality correction and prevention. The soft splint is made of hypoallergic, solid, resistant to mechanical effect polymeric materials, such as polyurethane and silicone. They are applied either to children (from 5 years old), or adults.
Indications for Use
The trainers are used to correct:
- tight teeth position in the jaw frontal part;
- abnormal occlusion – open an deep;
- bad habits – cheek biting, teeth grinding (bruxism);
- infant swallowing;
- phonetic problems.
To correct occlusion is not the only role of splints. The trainers permit to relieve distress of dentofacial apparatus, to stabilize the results of non-removable orthodontic systems treatment. They are applied when the teeth alignment is impossible with braces.
The trainers are not used when there are:
- significant occlusion abnormalities (III class);
- crossed occlusion in the posterior areas of teeth range;
- rather difficult or impossible nasal breathing;
- psychological problems.
Unlike the brace systems that are aimed to correct already existing occlusion abnormalities, the trainers prevent their appearance and are effective preventive device.Besides, the elastic splints:
- do not make much pressure what makes the treatment painless;
- do not require long-term wearing – one hour at daytime only and all night that excludes psychological and physical inconveniences;
- do not cause any allergy effect;
- are 6-7 times cheaper even than low-budget braces;
- are designed by computer and do not need individual fitting.
If to use trainers in young years and follow all doctor’srecommendations, the further orthodontist treatment is not needed in 70% of cases.
Types of Trainers
The teeth alignment and occlusion correction happen with the help of various types of the trainers:
- childish (pre-orthodontic) and adult;
- for complex treatment with orthodontic systems;
- finish or retainers for treatment result stabilization;
- arthral to lessen muscle hypertonia and renovate arthral functions.
In DentaService the specialists use trainers as a part of carefully planned orthodontic treatment, which guarantees the effect and result stability.
The price on trainers is available for almost every patient, and the trainers are represented in a wide assortment, which allows to satisfy both medical and aesthetic requirements and desires.
The mouthguards are the orthopedic devices made of resilient elastic polymer materials.
Function of the mouthguards in dentistry
The mouthguards in dentistry are used during:
- occlusion correction and dentition correction;
- stabilization of treatment results with braces;
- gaps elimination between teeth;
- drug extension for periodontal treatment;
- dental bleaching;
- jaw muscles relaxation;
- teeth protection in bruxism and sport.
The orthodontic mouthguards (aligners) are the new method, though already popular one, to correct anomalies of dentofacial system. The silicone sheets help with minor defects and need a long period of use.
The aligners have not only disadvantages. Their demand is based on the advantages in comparison with other orthodontic systems, such as:
- invisible on teeth, that allows to keep the aesthetic appearance;
- not causing discomfort and easy to get used;
- not distorting the articulation;
- elastic and resilient material that does not injure mucosa and dental tissue;
- one mouthguard is able to have several functions;
- the simplicity in use and care.
The aligners are removable structures that make the teeth care easier, eliminate calculus dentalis formation, and allow to identify caries and other abnormities in time.
There are the following types of mouthguards, depending on the manufacturing method:
- Standard – they are made excluding individual factors of patient’s dental arch, and used for correction of typical and simple abnormalities;
- Thermoplastic –they do not need the special manufacture in dental technical lab, though they provide the full retention (fitting, bonding); it is enough to heat the dental blank in hot water and push it tightly to teeth, while cooling down, the mouthguard repeat ideally the form of dental arch;
- Individual – they are made in dental technical lab that provides the maximum effect; the tough construction of the item demands its change during the treatment.
To ensure therapeutic effect, the patient must follow the clinic visit schedule, so that the specialist can evaluate the result of treatment and to change the mouthguard, if necessary.
The teeth alignment with the aligners is the expensive procedure, especially when the individual devices are used. Sometimes, you need 20-30 mouthguards for correction and the regular visit of your dentist.
In DentaService the price can vary widely. Our specialists help to plan the treatment so that you can reduce expenses at no cost in result. Despite their high price in comparison with other orthodontic systems, mouthguards are worth the money, as they give an amazing result, and provide safety and comfort of treatment.